Friday 24 June 2011

Hammer-ons and pull-offs

I managed to get all the chord lessons done. As usual, it was a not entirely convincing performance but I'm sure there will be plenty more chances to reinforce what I've learned later.
The next set of lessons are hammer-ons and pull-offs. I did the hammer-ons with little difficulty but didn't really understand what I was supposed to do for the pull-offs, the instructions weren't very clear. A quick search on YouTube turned up a number of videos explaining it though so I'll have another go later.

2 comments:

  1. Cool blog! Brilliant idea to learn through a computer game. I need to ask a silly question -you are learning on a real guitar not those coloured button Guitar Hero things? How does the game show you what to do? I've never seen Rock Band 3 so I'm having trouble imagining it.

    Anyway, keep going. Looking forward to the next update.

    Dave (sonny boy on PDF)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sonny Boy, thanks for dropping by, it's good to see you. I didn't think anyone else was reading any of this :)
    The post I originally wrote that explained the mechanics got lost thanks to some 'technical difficulties'. I'll put up another post with some pictures that should make things clearer.

    Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete