Sunday 15 May 2011

Day 3 - First Song

I managed to pass the song with 3 stars on my first attempt, pretty pleasing! I was doing really well but then fell to pieces and totally forgot my fingering for a while. When I've done some more exercises I'll go back and try to 5 star it.
After the song I moved on to the next section of training and got my ass kicked by a blues riff, I just couldn't get it. I'm really struggling with the left hand fingering. Actually I have quite short fingers so I wonder if this puts me at a disadvantage somewhat.
I took a break and came back a couple of hours later and eventually managed to pass it but I'm not confident about it at all yet. I definitely need a lot mode practice fretting to get more comfortable.

One thing that's becoming more evident as I progress is the contrast between the noise coming from the TV and the noise coming from the guitar. Each correct note played results in a nice sounding riff from the game but a dull sounding twang from the guitar. At some point I'm going to have to plug this thing into an amp to find out what I'm playing actually sounds like.

No comments:

Post a Comment